1. NaKniSweMo: Do you NaKniSweMo? I’ve talked about this madness in years past where I try and knit a sweater of 50,000 stitches (or more!) in the month of November. This year I’m no less mad than before, so I’m going to be knitting the Waits by Bristol Ivy in my yummy Lamby Toes Sweet Pea Sport in Sweet Tooth. I’m excited to have the speckled cardigan of my dreams!
2. Handspun goodness. Last week my dream knitting was Nightshift by Andrea Mowry. This weekend I tossed the stash and found my perfect yarns. These were all hanging out in the handspun bin (and the shop!) and are just waiting to be wound up so I can cast on.
I also finished my spin for the Canyonlands Shawl by Nim Teasdale. The next few months will be full of lots of handspun goodness!
3. In my mug. This week I’m enjoying Spice Cake, one of the seasonal offerings from my local tea store, Tea Market. It’s a black tea with a bit of spice and it’s just perfect for fall and cold weather.
4. New things. One of the hazards/perks of my new job is I get to try new things in the name of research. This week that’s Making Things, the new service that advertises itself as Netflix for knitters. It’s a subscription-based website with access to patterns, designers and digital tools. I’m still not convinced it compares to my beloved Ravelry, but I’ll let you know more once I have some time to play with it.
5. Fountain Pen Day! Today is Fountain Pen Day. Celebrate your love for all things fountain pen related. There are a ton of great deals available. I’ll be over here finishing up Inktober (yes I failed to complete it by October 31st) and windowshopping for a variety of new pens!