1. NaKniSweMo: NaKniSweMo is progressing nicely! On Thursday night I finished the body of my cardigan and I’m at over 40K stitches, so once I complete the sleeves I should be at 50K stitches! So far I’m loving this yarn to bits – it’s soft and squishy to knit up and the colorway, especially knit in garter stitch, makes my heart sing. The only thing I’m not 100% sold on is the back. Apparently, in my size the back doesn’t actually end the mitered square in a point, but rather narrows it down to a few remaining stitches.
2. Road Trip: Thanksgiving is next week and that means it’s time for our annual road trip to celebrate the holiday in California with my family. Although it seems like an endless drive sometimes, I love getting away just the two of us. We drive the open roads, stop and see all the strange roadside sites that pique our interest, eat good food and listen to good books. This year we’re going to continue listening to the Dragonlance Series on audiobook. I’ve got lots of knitting packed and I’m ready to go!
3. My Next Sweater: This year the weather has been extra cool in November – we’ve been hovering the 30s for the last week or two. That means I’m wanting to knit ALL THE THINGS. Since my NaKniSweMo finish is within my sights, I’m contemplating what’s next. Now that I’m working from home, I’m embracing a slightly more casual style and I’m dying to knit a Boxy by Joji Locatelli. I’m also thrilled to be able to go stash diving for this project. I have in my stash a sweater quantity of a gorgeous 100% merino single, Gaia Sock from Wooly Wonka Fiber in Mulberry. I’m planning to cast this one on as soon as I get home!
4. Inky Things: This week it was time to clean out a bunch of pens and re-ink the ones I want to use in the coming weeks. I put up a photo of a few of my favorites after their spa time – always be knolling!
From left to right: Red Dragon Pen Co. Wyvern (1.1 nib), Franklin Christoph Pocket 45 – Special Edition for Vanness Pens (F nib), Pilot Vanishing Point Raden (M nib) and my Sailor Pro Gear Slim Purple Cosmos (EF nib)!
5. Thankful: This time of year I always reflect on all the things I’m thankful for. Particularly as we head towards California which has been ravaged by fires as of late, I’m feeling sentimental this year. I’m thankful for my loving husband, my family and my friends and that everyone is relatively happy and healthy. I’m so grateful that I’ve been given the new job opportunities that I have this year and that I’m finding so much fulfillment in my new roles. Finally, I’m thankful for you. Thank you for reading, commenting and following me on my adventures. If you’re celebrating the holiday, I wish you a wonderful week filled with good food and company, and if not I just wish you well!