Category Archives: craftea
Last Saturday I was idly browsing my Instagram feed and I came upon a friend’s photo of a DIY mug that she had added knitting to:
Check out my fun travel mug! I got this idea from @jpknitknot a few months ago – I bought a mug sometime in the fall, but just got around to knitting the cozy. Perfect use for leftover sock yarn! This is some of my beloved #SweaterWeather yarn from @nomadicyarns. #knitstagram #knitting #FO #stripes #nomadicyarns #knittersofinstagram #starbucks #coffee
She noted she had gotten the idea from a friend, so I went and checked out her friend’s feed and sure enough, it was a great idea!
I immediately Googled that and found the Starbucks Stainless Steel Create Your Own Tumbler for $18.99 here.
The holidays are upon us and you could make one for yourself or for a loved one. I’ve got one winging its way to me now!
Today’s tutorial was sent to me by Ana because it intersects our loves – hers of mailing letters and mine of tea. (She’s also a tea lover and my partner in tea tasting crime.)
The Illustrated Teapot Envelope Art Tutorial can be found over at The Postman’s Knock. I’ve selected just a few photos of the steps – go and check out the full tutorial if you wish to re-create this beautiful envelope.
I was looking for fun things to share with you and came across this great post about DIY teabag tags.
Take a look at the post for details on how to find small charms and bits to use as tea tags!
A few weeks ago my knitting and tea drinking partner in crime Ana, owner of The Well Appointed Desk, asked if I would be interested in collaborating on one of her Fashionable Friday posts that would be the “corner” of office supplies and tea. Ana totally did all of the heavy lifting; my contributions were a few suggestions and one photo, but I still love the result and am thrilled to be cross-posting with her today. So I present to you, Fashionable Friday, the corner of desk and tea:
We selected some of our favorite goodies in paper,ink, tea and knitty loveliness. And hope it makes you want to settle in for the winter with all your favorites.
- Rite in the Rain Centennial Series, available in 4 1/4″ x 6 3/4″ for $24.95 or 6 3/4″ x 8 3/4″ for $29.95 (via Rite in the Rain)
- Season’s Pick Earl Grey Crème Vanilla 250gm packet $9.78 (via Upton Tea)
- J. Herbin Lie de The in 30ml Bottle $11.00 (via Goulet Pens)
- Field Notes Shenandoah $9.95 for a 3-pack (via Pen Chalet)
- A Teacup Collection Notes: 20 Different Notecards and Envelopes $14.95 (via Amazon)
- Ohto Needle-Point Slim Line 03 Ballpoint Pen – 0.3 mm – Gold Body $8.25 (via JetPens)
- Lamy Logo fountain pen Nut Brown € 34,90 tax incl. (via Fontoplumo)
- Visconti Saturno Fountain Pen – Green Lapetus, Fine $595 (via Goulet Pens)
- Curve Teapot with Infuser 45 oz. $46 (via For Life Design)
- Rifle Paper Co – 2016 Calendar – Coffee & Tea Calendar $34.95 (via Notemaker)
- J. Herbin 1670 Anniversary Ink Stormy Grey in 50ml Bottle $26 (via Anderson Pens)
- De Atramentis Drinks Green Tea Bottled Ink $15.95 (via Goldspot Pens)
- Karas Pen Co Standard Notebooks $3.33 each (via Karas Kustoms)
- Downton Abbey Christmas Tea Bags $12.00 for a Tin of 36 Tea Bags (via Republic of Tea)
- Velos V Paper Clips – Gold $2 (via Fresh Stock Japan)
- What Is A Weekend Mug $17.95 (via Republic of Tea)
- Junkies Java Jerkin Argyle Cup Sleeve Knitting Pattern Free (via Ravelry)
Not pictured but too cool not to include:
One of my absolute favorite tea companies is Adagio and I love their fandom blends. A personal favorite blend collection is “The Town we do not Speak of“. Its a collection of tea blends based on characters from the podcast, Welcome to Nightvale. My personal favorite blends are Hooded Figures, Glow Cloud, Perfect Carlos and Steve Carlsberg. The sampler set is available for $19 and includes Cecil, Perfect Carlos, The Management, The Weather, Hooded Figures and Steve Carlsberg in 0.5 oz tins. Highly recommended.
- “Stop! Tea Time!” A3 Riso Print €18 (via Esther Aarts)
- “Can’t we all just get oolong?” Note Card $4 (via Etsy)
- Moleskine Passions Tea Journal $16.34 (via Amazon)
- Oak Leaf and Acorn Ceramic Teapot by hughes pottery $90 USD (via Etsy)
- Chronicle Books Letterpress Notebooks by Darling Clementine, Pack of 2 $17.50 (via JetPens)
Ana and I had a great time putting this together for you today and we’ll probably collaborate again in the future. If you’re an office supply, paper and planner aficionado please do check out The Well Appointed Desk for the best in new products and reviews.
A reader of the blog sent this delightful sale item to my attention: the Crafty Kitty kit from KnitPicks. The kit includes a Great Catsby mug, a white Danica teapot, a coaster and dishcloth pattern, and 8 skeins of their dishie yarn in coordinating colors. Tea and knitting all in one place!