Late last year the knitting community was swept up in the craze of the Find Your Fade shawl by Andrea Mowry. I’m not exactly sure what makes the shawl so appealing: the amazingly fun use of yarns in a gradient, the unusual shape, the interplay of garter stitch and a simple lace pattern. All I know is I watched so many people knit it and when I couldn’t wait any longer, I went ahead and dumped all my yarn out to find my own fade.
I ended up choosing (left to right): Lamby Toes Sweet Pea Sport in Sweet Tooth, Suzy Parker Yarns BFL in Tangerine Twist, Hedgehog Fibers Twist Sock in All That, Knitcircus overdyed by me, The Fiber Seed Sprout in Merlot, and Supernatural Yarns Nymph in Malfoy Manor.
The first bits went by so quickly!
Then the rows got longer and longer, and I didn’t pay attention the pattern as well as I should have. Mine ended up a bit longer and wider than the pattern calls for and I ran out of yarn. Luckily, I was able to order a skein of Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock in Korppi to finish off my shawl.
This shawl is amazing. First of all, it is enormous and will definitely keep me warm on a chilly day. I also love all the ways I could wear it – light to dark, dark to light. It was a fun knit and I’m already eyeing my stash to see what else I could knit in a similar gradient pattern.
Welcome to episode 136! Today I can finally show you my finished Find Your Fade shawl and I have a pair of socks finished as well.
Please come and join the Ravelry group.
- Mrs. Kelly’s Tea, French Vanilla White
- Finished: The Avenues Socks by the Knitting Expat, Spun Right Round 80/20 Sport in The Walkers
- Finished: Find Your Fade by Andrea Mowry, Yarns: Lamby Toes Sweet Pea Sport in Sweet Tooth, Suzy Parker Yarns BFL in Tangerine Twist, Hedgehog Fibers Twist Sock in All That, Knitcircus overdyed by me, The Fiber Seed Sprout in Merlot, Supernatural Yarns Nymph in Malfoy Manor, and Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock in Korppi.
- In Progress: Baby & Child Sophisticate by Linden Down, Cascade 220 Superwash in Cobalt Heather
- On Deck: Buccaneer by Justyna Lorkowska, O-Wool O-Wash in Barn Owl and a gradient on Iachos from A Hundred Ravens.
- Finished: Hello Purl SW Merino/Bamboo/Nylon (60/30/10) in Hawaiian Punch
- On deck: Hello Yarn Polwarth in Citrus Citrus
- I am currently hosting a Sock KAL (knit or crochet) from May 1 to June 30. Come visit the group thread for details.