Have I mentioned April is WIP month? I decided I was sick of projects languishing on the needles so I set out to do something about it.
The first project I’m plowing through is my Wolf River by Melissa Schaschwary, knit out of Cloudborn Fibers Bulky Wool Twist in Slate Heather. Bulky yarn is perfect for the (instant) gratification knit. As of Sunday, when I took the last photo, I was almost done with the first sleeve. I’ve since finished it and knit about half of the second sleeve. I’m confident this one will be off the needles this week. Sadly, there may be occasion to wear it again before we get some actual spring/summer weather!
Next up on the needles is a WIP that has been lingering for far too long: my Banana Leaf Shawl by Yuki Ueda knit in Northbound Knitting BFL/Silk Lace in Metallurgy. My records show that I cast this on in October, when I knit a few inches and then moved on to something else. This is the kind of scarf/shawl that I want to wear, but I find tedious to knit. But the yarn is amazing and I want the finished object. It’s amazing how much progress you make when you actually work on it? In just two weeks, I’ve already put close to a foot of knitting on it. Can I finish it this month? We’ll see.
Next up is Mom’s blanket. When I last left off, it had 81 squares. My goal is 121. Let’s do this!
Welcome to episode 158! This week I can’t seem to find anything in my craft room. That said, I have lots and lots of knits to share and even a spin.
Please come and join the Ravelry group.
- David’s Tea, Licorice Twist (discontinued)
- Finished: Fomhar by Anne Podlesak, Dream in Color Smooshy in Flamingo Pie
- Finished: Winter set for Roxy, The World’s Simplest Mittens by Tin Can Knits and Easy Brioche Scarf by Ewelina Murach in Cascade 220 Superwash in Colorway 801, Army Green
- Finished: Preemie hats, Bev’s Baby Ribs Hat at Bev’s Country Cottage, Artyarns Cottonspring (discontinued) in Yellow
- In progress: Banana Leaf Shawl by Yuki Ueda, Northbound Knitting BFL/Silk Lace in Metallurgy
- In progress: Exploration Station by Stephen West, Pigeonroof Studios High Twist Sock in Neon Pink, Charcoal and Silver, Treasuregoddess Treasure Toes in Kiss from a Mermaid.
- In progress: Hello Yarn Corriedale, Poisioned Apples
- On deck: Into the Whirled Superwash Targhee, Selene